Monday, July 21, 2008

Not taking life for granted.


Today I stumbled upon a quote that was not what I expected, but got me thinking. "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." -Winston Churchill

I did not expect to here these words and it got me thinking about how often we try to live for ourselves and how often we take away from life instead of giving back to it. After reading this quote I thought about how often I take the things that are given to me for granted and how often I just don't care to give back to the people in my life that deserve it... I even thought about the people that give so much up for me. I find that it is crucial to give of ourselves in order to truly be happy. I love to receive a gift, but I love to give a gift even more. I recently bought a pair of toms shoes and for those of you who don't know what they are... they are shoes in which every time that you buy a pair of shoes you also give a pair of shoes to another child. I loved the idea of giving a child a pair of shoes. If you would like more details here is the website tomsshoes.com

I don't just desire to buy a pair of shoes or give away my most prized possessions, but to truly give myself to others. Through my time, efforts, heart, and just serve people in the way that we were meant to. "With Love"

No comments: