Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A new look on the way other people act!

Have you ever been around someone, who just seems to be so surface level and isn't really that intentional about the way that they act around you and your not sure why? I have begun to notice small things at a time when i am around someone that I barely know or someone that I have just met. Have you ever been in a conversation with someone and they just don't seem to care about what you are saying? Like when you are truly trying to get to know someone and they just don't seem to give you a full attention, or they don't really look at you when you are speaking. I have also noticed this when I first meet people, and they only seem to ask you very general questions that are so ordinary. Such as, "How is your day?" or "Wow isn't it a beautiful day out today?" It just seems like people are stuck in a habit of being so generic and don't want to be intentional. The worst part about this is that I have begun to notice this not only in others, but also in myself. I have observed myself in the act of being fake, or unintentional. Its like when you get caught up in your own life too much, that you don't care enough to get to know those around you. So my challenge for those of you who read this is to get intentional and actually get to know people for who they truly are and not worry about your self image or think about the fact that you may never see that person again, because the truth is is that if your not intentional why should some be intentional to you. Its time to care about those around you and be the love that you should be. "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

No comments: