Sunday, April 29, 2007

today and forever more

When I think about who I am and why I am here, I often think about my past. But, why should I be thinking about my past. Is my being not comprised of the past, present and future? Well we all know the answer to that question, but lets truly step back and look at what we have become. Who we are is not reflected by our past, it is reflected by our present and what we do with the time that God has given to us. Why can't we just step back and let the lead be taken by God? I guess the answer is that he has given us the freedom to decide where we go in life the only thing that he can do for us is just give advice. So, why do I find myself running from his advice when I know that I need it most. I'm not entirely sure, but I guess that it has to do with the amount of energy that I am willing to put into it. I know that God has a plan for me, but I just keep running in another direction and the only thing that stops me on the way are the stop signs that God has placed next to the road, but why do I even obey the stop signs, when I can't even stay on the road correctly. I guess that God has another plan for me and that involves crashing my car into a brick wall and figuring out, I should have listened to God' s plan and this never would have happened.